Friday, November 26, 2010

Keepin On.









Hello World, 


It's been a while since I posted on here due to the lack of conversation and experiences to share with you all. I've been strictly chillin' as some would like to call it. Others would like to say I'm laying low. Whatever you want to say about it, I'm incognito. Reason being, I took an evaluation on myself a few weeks back and wanted to actually try and do some things to improve myself like I said I was going to. I'm reading almost everyday, running and exercising at the gym more regularly, playing golf and minimizing my distractions. I can say that it is a tough road, however, I feel like it's doing me a lot of good. Mondays have been my worst day this quarter simply because I don't have to work or go to class. With that being said,  I really have nothing to do to put me on the task of being productive. It was hell at first. But here lately I have managed to find somethings that help me pass the time and help me in other areas of my life. Like I said I finally have brought my golf game back from a long overdue vacation. It's been great so far to get back out there and just relax while taking the time out to think about everything else that's going on. It's always something to get better at and it helps me in being patient with other things that are going on. I recently had an old friend who I played music with release his new band's CD about a week ago. Fusebox Poet is there name and if you haven't heard of them then you're missing out. It's great to know that people I know are going somewhere in life and doing something with themselves. Being around people like that will not only inspire you to do whatever you do but they'll challenge you to be better at it. Moving FORWARD and taking risks. That's always important. I also have been creating a little music on my own lately. Just to refresh my love music and to help me prepare for an alternative career outside of filmmaking once I graduate. I picked up a book called "Decision Points" a few weeks ago. It's the previous President's (George W. Bush) memoirs on his presidency. I feel like he makes a lot of valid points on being in the toughest position in the world. I can't say I agree with everything he ever did, after all I'm pretty moderate when it comes to politics. I will say that I respect any person in that position and hope the very best for them and wish them guidance. The last few weeks have been melancholy at best but I do believe they have helped me grow. I still wish a few things were different and mistakes I've made could be changed but I know that this reformation of myself will help me prepare for my future in the world. Life is good.


With love,
William Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment